Posts for: October, 2016
Find out if it’s time you had your hearing checked out by a professional in Woodridge.
Hearing is so important to our daily lives. Yes, we may take it for granted but think about how often you need your hearing: When you want to listen to the traffic report while driving to work. When you need to hear instructions that a professor or your boss is giving you for an important assignment. When you want to know what your children are trying to ask you. Our hearing connects us with the people and world around us. Find out when it might be time to visit one of our Woodridge, IL doctors to have your hearing examined.
You may think that only older adults should get hearing screenings but people of all ages may get screened. In fact, many newborns are screened by the hospital shortly after birth, and many schools recommend that school-age children also get checked out. So, if you ever have a concern about your hearing it’s never a bad idea to schedule an appointment with one of our Woodridge physicians to find out if a hearing loss screening is the right diagnostic test for you.
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you are worried about your hearing:
- Do you feel as if people around you are mumbling most of the time?
- Do you find that you have to ask people to repeat themselves or speak up?
- Do you find it particularly difficult to understand what people are saying in a crowded or loud environment?
- Do you often need to turn the volume up on the radio and television?
- Do you feel like you withdraw from conversations because you can’t understand what people are saying or can’t follow in the discussion?
If you’ve agreed with a lot of these questions then it might be time you had your hearing evaluated. No matter whether you have risk factors that predispose you to hearing loss (e.g. working in noisy environments), if you find yourself saying “yes” to many of these questions then it’s time you visited us.
Don’t let hearing loss take over your life. Get the answers you need fast so that you can get the care you deserve. Turn to Woodridge Clinic in Woodridge, IL to schedule your hearing screening.